Wednesday 15 October 2014

Counting down to NaNoWriMo 2014



As we hit the halfway mark of October, it's time to start the clock on the countdown to NaNoWriMo 2014.  This year in November, I'll be writing the fourth novel in the AFK series.  Currently untitled, the book will explain the unexpected twist at the end of 'AFK, Indefinitely' and introduce a new Second Life investigation for Definitely Thursday.

As any of you who attended my talk last year at Milkwood might recall me saying, I've taken in recent years to cheating a little before the start of NaNoWriMo by getting a few thousand words down over the preceding month (though still aiming to add 50,000 words post 31 October).  Somehow or another, I'm already past the 10,000 word mark for AFK4, so I have strong hopes that this year will see the book finished.

If you would like to hear me talk about NaNo, I've been asked by Harriet Gausman to talk again at Milkwood at some point over the coming weeks.  No date set as yet, so check back here later for more information.

Oh, and don't forget I have a free Excel Spreadsheet for keeping track of your NaNo progress - one of my most popular blog posts!  Click here.

No comments: