Saturday 13 December 2014

Out stealing horses



Last week, Kate Bergdorf invited me to see Winter on Nordan om Jorden.  It's getting to that time of year when something within me starts to yearn for snowscaped scenery.  Perhaps it's nostalgia for Christmas during my childhood, in which a countryside snow scene was the default image for the middle class greetings cards my parents received and the necessary background picture to the front cover of any vinyl record of seasonal music.  Perhaps it's just that the journey between summer and Christmas is a long one and by the time I near the end I'm exhausted and the white erasure of detail appeals to my desire for something slower, purer, simpler.


Whatever it is that creates the yearning, Winter on Nordan om Jorden really hits the spot.








No comments: